If you need a car or van service in the Abergavenny, Usk, Raglan and surrounding areas make Hockey Group Automotive in South Wales your first call. Our highly skilled technicians can make sure your vehicle is in the best condition which will maximise its performance and lifespan. Furthermore, regular servicing will also identify issues before they become costly repairs in the future.
A full car service will check all the essential parts of your vehicle. Everything will be performed on-site at our garage. If we find any issues and need to replace certain parts, we will always inform you of the costs before going into the repairs. Our service includes but is not limited to:
- Oil change.
- Filter changes.
- Brake and coolant levels.
- Checking brake pads and discs.
- Clutches and gearboxes.
- Battery and engine condition.
- Body/vehicle structure and general items
- Fuel system
- Exhaust emissions and exhaust system
- Seats and seat belts
- Load security
- Tyres and wheels
- Registration plates
- Windscreen, wipers, and washers
- Steering and suspension
- once a vehicle is three years old, it must have a VOSA approved test commonly known as an MOT. This test must be done every year to check it meets the road safety and environmental standards. An MOT certificate confirms that, at the time of the test, your car met the MINIMUM road safety and environmental standards.
how to know when your tyre needs changing:
- Theres not enough tread depth.
- Tyres are 10 years old.
- You’re experiencing a shaky drive.
- You’re hearing squeaks or whines.
- You can see cracks.
- You can see bulges or blisters.
- Theres a hole in the tread.
With a break check you could get your brake pedals, pads and shoes, wheel cylinder , disk brake callipers, precision inspection, handbrake , brake fluid and a final road test all to make sure that your car runs smoothly.
A diagnostic program (also known as a Test Mode) is an automatic computer program sequence that determines the operational status within the software, hardware, or any combination thereof in a component, a system, or a network of systems.
If you’re experiencing any of the below symptoms, you may need a clutch replacement:
- Spongy, sticking, vibrating, or lose clutch pedal when pressed
- Squeaking or grumbling noise when pressed
- Ability to rev the engine, but poor acceleration
- Difficulty shifting gear
- ‘Slipping’ clutch, causing a momentary loss of acceleration.
If you can’t see something on our website then please contact the team to discuss further.